Aluminized and Aluminized Combination Clothing
The combination of fabrics and clothing options are endless. We stock over ten types of aluminized fabrics to fit your needs. From light sparks to heavy slag, we have you covered.
High Temperature Hand & Body Protection
Stanco's Hi-Temp Gloves, Mitts and Protective Clothing have been designed for maximum protection in the most adverse work conditions.
Steel mills, foundries and casting operations, to name a few, have job applications that require hand and body protection for temperatures exceeding 2000°F. Special aramid fabrics, heavy linings and full cut patterns in a variety of designs are available in this line. All styles are sewn completely with heavy Kevlar® thread.
How Much Heat will it Take?
This is an often-asked question with regard to hand and body protection fabrics. The work environment and area of intended use should be checked for the weight of items being handled, the contact temperature and duration of exposure. Consult our customer service department or your factory sales representative. The information noted below is to be used as a guide only.
What Kind of Heat is it?
It is important to understand the types of heat in order to select the proper gloves and clothing for protection.
- Radiant: Generated by a heat source. An example would be a fireplace or the sun. The materials being struck absorb the heat rays (it is hotter standing in the sun than in the shade).
- Ambient: The surrounding atmospheric temperature in a particular environment. Example: 72°F in your home; 92°F on the golf course in July; 1,800°F in a flaming building.
- Conductive: Direct contact with hot surfaces. Example: touching a hot piece of metal at 800°F or leaning against a heat treating oven at 1,000°F.
- 8 oz. Aluminized PBI®
- 9 oz. FR Green Cotton Snap out liner
Aluminized PBI® provides good protection against radiant heat
Garments are available in:
- Aluminized Rayon (AR)
- Aluminized Kevlar® (AK)
- Aluminized Carbon Kevlar® (ACK)
- Aluminized PBI® (APB)
Select a Product Below for More Information
- Product Name